In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The last of the endings and the start of the beginnings :)

Okay, maybe my title doesn't make much sense but I like the way it sounds so it's staying there :) There are a few more things that happened in the last week of school that I thought I should post pictures of. First off, I went to see Anna's class perform a French play called "Les Trois Petits Couchons" - "The Three Little Pigs". It was done entirely in French and they did a great job! The school here has started a new French curriculum where French is taught with different sign language indicating the French word. It has worked so well that Anna and two of her classmates were asked to go to the grade nine class and 'show off' how much they knew. Anna really enjoys French and hopefully she continues with it through highschool (this may lead to good job opportunities :) In the play, Anna was the first little pig whose house was made of straw.


The three little pig's houses.

The three little pigs were all quite musically inclined :) The wolf not so much...

and so he lands in a boiling pot of water!


Since Bethany's birthday is July 1st and outside of school time, I had a birthday party for her before school ended. We shared the party with her very best friend, Erika, who is born two days before her - same year. This was the first time Bethany had a real birthday party and she was very excited. She was totally spoiled with nice gifts and had a lot of fun with her kindergarten friends.

The birthday girls!

Erika's Mom made these great butterfly cupcakes!

Blowing out the six candles.

All the party guests enjoying their cupcakes.

Bethany with her friends and all the great presents she received.

The day before school ended, I went to a friend's house whose husband owns a very large dairy farm (they milk 250 cows). Silas has been wanting to see the cows ever since the girls got to go there earlier this year with their Girls Club. My friend gave us the grand tour and we got to see every aspect of dairy farming. Her oldest boy is the same year as Silas, so he was quite proud to show his friend the farm :)

Staying a safe distance from the cows :)

Sitting on a small tractor.

The huge barn!

The cows checking out the stroller.

Silas petting a calf.

Feeding some chicks.



Frizzball Eden.

Naomi enjoying her book on Sunday between services.

It's baseball now for Silas.

Too much actvity, though, can really make you tired :)

Now, summer vacation is upon us... we have enjoyed getting into a different routine this week (meaning I can now sleep in :) I even managed to get out and pick some strawberries. I've put quite a few in the freezer but hope to pick more yet to make jam. But, first, we're off to try out the Silver Submarine this weekend! Yeah!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Wow, lots of stuff been happening at your place!!
Can't imagine liking french, glad Anna enjoys it:o)
Neat play and nice work on the set.
I'd love to go to a farm with that many cows, maybe Silas will become a farmer and have one like that so grandma can come visit it :o)
Happy birthday Bethany, looks like you had fun and got spoiled !
Yep, Eden looks a little frizzy, cutie pie.

Silver submarine ?? took a minute before I figured it was what was coming this way soon, yeah !!

6:49 p.m.  
Blogger Chandra said...

Happy birthday to Bethany!!

7:29 p.m.  
Blogger momofcrt said...

That is the neatest French program. They used it in our school starting last year as well, Les Trois Petits Cochons went over very well here too. The children had a great time making the props and masks.
Eden is gorgeous (as are the rest of your children). neat to see them growing up even though I've never met them...perhaps one day!
Marie

12:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home