In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Monday, May 25, 2009

Bubbles and Veggies

Naomi took her bottle of bubbles out the other day and Silas thought it was just great. I've never seen him get so excited before; he just went all out chasing down the bubbles.





On to garden news. We planted our garden a week ago and I'm so glad we got it in when we did. This week we got much needed rain and when I went out today to have a look at things, I could see stuff sprouting. We've got lots of different things planted and can't wait to reap a healthy harvest. Our biggest concern is animal pests. So far, so good! Our garden is much bigger than the little plot I rented last year, so we were able to plant some different things like sweet corn, zucchini and cucumbers. I am also planning on keeping a garden journal to keep track of planting dates, seed varieties and harvest dates and amounts. I'm quite excited about seeing all the different seeds beginning to grow and hope that we'll be able to keep up with all the weeding :)




















Colin setting up his tripods for pole beans.














All the rows completed.



















Bethany, our big helper.

After planting the garden last week, I was able to get away for a night and day by attending the Women of Worth conference. It was a very enjoyable experience and left me feeling lifted up spiritually and emotionally. How wonderful it was to enjoy singing and speaking with other women of the same faith. (And to add, it was wonderful eating three catered meals without having to think of who: needs more milk, needs their meat cut up, has to be fed...) Also, being in God's beautiful creation at the Campfire! property added to the uplifting weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chandra said...

L.O.V.E. the video!!!!!

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger Tamara Jansen said...

What a precious video!

And your garden......smokes that's big!

7:32 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

I've looked at that video a number of times and it makes me laugh every time,he's soooo cute.
The garden looks great, if the weather is right, you'll be getting lots of produce. Canning and freezing time :o)

11:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home