In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Monday, June 15, 2009

The Best of Both Worlds

So, I'm not exactly sure which 'worlds' we were getting the best of, but watching the final NHL hockey game around a campfire is pretty fun. Colin had wanted to watch the final playoff game but since we don't own a TV, it's not really an option to do so at home. (We can get the game on the internet but the connection isn't great and it's not the most relaxing staring at a computer screen while sitting in an office chair :) Our friends thought up the idea of enjoying a campfire together but also wanted to watch the game. Leave it up to the men to concoct some contraption to make the two work together. And, voila, there you have it!















Early evening; getting warmed up.















Staying warm!
















And, staying full; first marshmallows of the season.

Also, I have now past the 200th post mark. It seems like time has just flown by but it will soon be three years since I started blogging. It has been fun and some nights it's so nice to sit and read past posts. I really want to make it into a book now but don't really know where to start. I just wish I could download a program, copy and paste the blog and 'presto' have a book. It doesn't sound so easy (from my sister-in-law's blogs about it, anyway) so I hesitate to get started. Anyone else have any easier ideas?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tamara Jansen said...

What a fun evening!

I'm with you on trying to make the old posts into a book format. I was wondering the EXACT same things as you.

I smell a good idea for a new business. I'm gonna have to start looking for a programmer to develop an easy way to do this and BINGO!

4:05 p.m.  
Blogger Chandra said...

Blurb really is a great program; how much work it takes is just totally dependant on how finicky you want to be about it. It is pretty slow though, because whenever you're working with graphics editing like that, it takes a lot out of your computer. But I would definitely recommend Blurb...I'm working on last year's book now!

9:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friends have an internet problem like that too. they only recieve at one corner of the property. normally, this problem could be fixed by a signal booster, but their property had too many trees. so, instead, they had a wire leading from the receiver to the routers in their house and shop. so my suggestion is to put the receiver on the top of tree or in a clear space and have a wire leading to the router. it should give you a way better signal.

Devon

4:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home