In the Middle of Nowhere

making memories in the country

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Do they ever do any work?

The last few weeks have been busy ones as the school year is winding down. Last week Anna had twin day and looked exactly like her best friend, even down to the hair elastics.



















The following day, Friday, was field day for grades one through six. It was perfect weather for running around; not too hot but sunny and breezy. The field day is a good mix of track and field events and team competitions. Anna thoroughly enjoyed field day as she is quite competitive (I wonder who she gets that from? :) and loves to try to beat her own personal best times.















My niece Stephanie, with Bethany and Naomi, cheering on Anna.



















Anna getting ready to run the 100m dash.




















Anna chatting to her friend that's a boy :) (saying boyfriend in front of her always produces a red face...)




















Silas itching to get out and try his best at running :)




















Getting good height for long jump.

Then yesterday I accompanied the school on their year end class trip to Bingemans. I chaperoned in Naomi's class and had only two other kids to watch. It was a great day for it and although the days leading up to yesterday were cold and rainy, we were blessed with warm and slightly sunny weather. The wave pool is heated so that made it perfect for even the little kids to get wet. Waterslides and the wave pool are the main attraction but we also packed in two rounds of mini golf (one indoor glow in the dark and one outdoor), one lap for each kid on the go carts, and lots of fun on the indoor playground. All in all it was a great day for the kids but also very tiring; there were several kindergarten children who fell asleep on the bus on the way home. Too cute!




















Get off the sidewalks, Naomi is driving!




















Trying for the hole in one.




















Naomi making a big splash!
















My three little charges.

Now it's back to another six more days of school. I wonder how much more work will get done?!?!
I'm trying to keep up with blogging but out internet hasn't been working all that great since the leaves have come on the trees. Our interent connection is based on line of sight and so the leaves are blocking the signal...oh, the joys of country living! We wouldn't change it for the world though!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy-Mom said...

Phew ! at last:o)
I remember when we went to Bingemans on a family holiday when we lived in Ontario,I think you were there with us to,right.
Everyone had loads of fun, so much to do. Still seems to be !!

9:59 p.m.  
Blogger Tamara Jansen said...

I always loved sports day with the kids! Hope you had sun tan lotion on :)

1:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home